Track 1 (Course-oriented program)
- Each course is worth 3 credits and students will be able to choose one course in the morning and one course in the afternoon. Please download the syllabus and ask whether the course can be transferred at your university.
- Number of credits: 6 credits in coursework (one course in the morning session and one course in afternoon session)
– Students currently enrolled in university-level program or have received acceptance to enroll in a university-level program in Fall
– Proficiency in English (KAIST may ask for supporting documents if necessary)
- Humans, Machines, and Society
- Idea and Expression
- Art and Philosophy
- Basic Korean 1 for Foreign Students A
- Aerospace Thermodynamics
- English Science Writing
- Vision, Brain and Art
- Emerging Nanofabrication Technology
- Engineering Mathematics for Nuclear Engineers
- Basic Korean 1 for Foreign Students B
Track 2(Individual research program)
Individual Research Program is a 4-week research oriented program only students majoring in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) fields with our strategic partner universities. There are no designated departments and labs for this program. Students will have the freedom to pick which department and lab they wish to join, which they must indicate in our online application. Upon submission of your application, KAIST will contact the department and lab to see if there are spaces available information on KAIST departments and labs are available at www.kaist.edu
Eligibility & Target Group
- Undergraduate (minimum 1 year of full-time study at home university), graduate, or doctoral students majoring in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) fields.
- GPA (Grade Point Average) of 3.0 or better (on a 4.3 point scale) or equivalent
- Applicants from institutions where the primary medium of instruction is not English are expected to submit English test score (TOEFL iBT: 80, IELTS: overall band 6.0, TOEIC: 800).
Number of Credits
Number of credit: 1
* There is no tuition exemption for Individual Research Program.
For Individual Research Program, students will be given Pass or Non-pass grade